Check out the quickstart tutorial to get started.
Is BundleWrap the right tool for you?
We think you will enjoy BundleWrap a lot if you:
- know some Python
- like to write your configuration from scratch and control every bit of it
- have lots of unique nodes
- are trying to get a lot of existing systems under management
- are NOT trying to handle a massive amount of nodes (let’s say more than 300)
- like to start small
- don’t want yet more stuff to run on your nodes (or mess with appliances as little as possible)
- prefer a simple tool to a fancy one
- want as much as possible in git/hg/bzr
- have strongly segmented internal networks
You might be better served with a different config management system if you:
- are already using a config management system and don’t have any major issues
- hate Python and/or JSON
- like to use community-maintained configuration templates
- need unattended bootstrapping of nodes
- need to manage non-Linux systems
- don’t trust your coworkers
We have also prepared a comparison with other popular config management systems.